We know there might be times when you need a friendly voice at the end of the phone, no matter the reason there is always someone here to help, so please reach out. Below we have provided a support directory for free services and also paid for services. We at Educate Norfolk are always available to support you whatever your needs are
Educate Norfolk office Kirsty - [email protected]
Free sources of support
1. Heads up 4 HTs
- 2 regular community Zoom meetings to come together and talk
- Wednesday 7.30-8.30pm every other week
- Saturday 9.30-10.30am weekly
- Available to talk Monday - Thursday, 7.00pm - 8.00pm or at a pre-arranged time to suit.
3. Education Support
- When you call you’ll talk to a qualified counsellor. We’ll offer you immediate, confidential support including advice, counselling or coaching.
- 0800 562 561
- Txt 07909 341229 (answered within 24 hours)
4. Headspace app
Headspace for Educators or your app store.
- Only need a school based email address to access the educator version for free.
- Guided meditations around various topics such as winding down after work.
- Support with sleeping
- Short workouts
- Boasts that it is scientifically proven to help within 10 days.
- Available for all school staff
Paid for services
5. National Association of Headteachers
- Counselling and advice support is provided 24/7 365 days a year through Education Support.
- 0800 917 4055
- [email protected]
6. Association of School and College Leaders
- A hotline for members 0116 299 1122
- The hotline is staffed by one or more duty officers from 30am to 5pm term time, and 9am to 5pm in school holidays, during the working week. At these times, calls are first answered by a member of the reception team who will request brief details such as membership number and name to enable calls to be transferred as efficiently as possible.
- Access to Member Support Hotline – weekend emergencies and public holidays
In cases of urgency or emergency at weekends, a duty officer will be available to respond between 10am and 3pm.
7. Norfolk Support Line (paid for package of school support)
- 24/7 phone support - 0800 169 7676
- Up to 6 sessions with a counsellor, plus a wider team to support in a variety of areas.
- Self-help workbooks
- Available to all employees including you.
Suggested by other Norfolk School Leaders (in no order of response to survey)
8. Mary Jo Hill – Coach for School improvement
- Variety of services offered, supervision, 1-1 coaching, online coaching and more at different price points.
- Mary Jo has been working with Norfolk School Leaders for a number of years and came up several times in the suggestions
9. Keving Lee - Better Balance Education
Schools | Better Balance Education
- Variety of services offered, supervision, 1-1 coaching, online coaching and more at different price points..
- Kevin is an Ex Primary Headteacher so has walked in your shoes
10. Fiona Sykes
07590 119 160
- “Amazing coach who is extremely reasonable and really supportive to help you find space to talk and reflect”
11. Chris Whittington
- Meditation teacher
- Used by a large Norfolk Trust last year and services maintained by head after.
- Meditation in the Christian tradition, suitable for all faiths and none. There is a secular version of what he does.
- Can use for a staff mediation group.
12. Church mentors
- Lots of churches offer additional support to their congregation and wider community.
- It is often based around a listening ear and a cup of coffee, judgement free, can be a largely secular conversation with a prayer at the beginning and end.
- Might be group or 1 – 1.
- There are a wide variety of different styles of churches and religions across Norfolk, most of which are willing to help members of the wider community. Reach out to one that seems to most suit you.
13. Norfolk education services
- Educate Norfolk meetings
- Educate Norfolk Peer Support Groups
- VNET associates/Coaching
- Waving the Flag group
- Norfolk Headteacher’s What’s App group
- District Advisor
- Other headteachers